[TR] TR3 bumper

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Sun May 28 11:33:31 MDT 2017

My TR3 can with a TR3A front bumper (which was a bit ratty anyway so I have two reasons to replace it) so I ordered up a new bumper and mounting brackets.  I find that the inboard mounting brackets are about one inch too short.  The dogleg hits the underside of my front apron.  I think that if I lengthen bracket about an inch it will work OK.  I figure there are two possible reasons for this: 1) the brackets are too short and B) my apron is not profiled right and sticks out/down too far.

Has any one had a similar issue and if so how did you overcome it?

Thanks in advance

Dave Massey, 57 TR3