[TR] TR3 front suspension

Dave dlhogye at comcast.net
Wed May 17 19:24:26 MDT 2017

I learned a lot about wrenching, on my first car, that I still own, a 1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL, purchased in 1979 for $550, I was 16.  I used to work on the car with it's original bumper jack.  I would place the removed tire and wheel under the car in case it fell off the jack...which it did, when I was under it.  The next day I went to Sears and bought my first heavy duty floor jack and a couple stands.  I still have that floor jack and stands too. The car, jack and stands are still used on a regular basis. The jack started leaking a couple years ago, so I took it apart and put new seals in it.  It's a great jack.  It's too heavy to lug around to the track, so I recently purchased one of those fancy aluminum ones, but I still rely on that "old" jack in my home shop.

Dave H.

Sent from my iPad