[TR] TR3a bracket setup

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun May 14 19:19:06 MDT 2017

I hope that front spacer/sleeve is thicker than you've drawn it!

I ran a somewhat similar setup for many years, except the alternator I used
had a wide tab (that I cut to fit) so no need for the front spacer, and I
ran a single long bolt all the way through (with a section of pipe between
the ears of the original generator bracket).  Worked well enough I guess,
never failed in over 100,000 miles, but I didn't like the way the alternator
flopped around at certain rpm.  The vibration may have also shortened belt
and bearing life.  I like my current setup much better, no visible movement.
https://goo.gl/WnZQYV

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild