[TR] Overdrive Woes

JERRY GOULET jerrann at shaw.ca
Wed May 10 11:59:01 MDT 2017

I recall several OD teething pains when I was test driving my TR3A after restoration. Most of the problems were caused by not following the manual instructions fully, so my own fault, but the worst thing was that the brand new solenoid was misbehaving and when I removed the rubber cap I discovered that the winding connections were NOT soldered. So much for quality control.
Coincidentally, just this past weekend during a 1200 mile rally in British Columbia, the OD in my GT6 became annoyingly intermittent. It was the gearbox switch and I was able to jumper a bypass to complete the rally.

Cheers, Jerry Goulet
1961 TR3A, 1972 GT6 MK3