[TR] How often should I change oil in triumph that rarely does

Jim Vassiliadis jimstr4 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 13:15:57 MDT 2017

When the car was on the road I did about 1000 miles per year and changed the
oil and filter every year.
The oil degrades just sitting there.
However at 1000 - 2000 miles per year the engine would outlast me even if I
don't look after it that well.
Which was a a pain in the ... because I'm to stupid to go from the perolator
to a spin on and usually ended up with oil all over that part of the chassis
and motor when undoing the canister.
The latest was a few weeks ago when I undid the canister to paint it and I
didn't put the basin in the correct position and ended up with oil on the
garage floor yet again.

Off topic, Has the Britishcarforum website died?
I can't seem to get to it, it comes up with a DNS error.

Jim and the slooooooowly reassembled Black 1962 TR4