[TR] cross shaft bush and other gear box parts Stag

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 20 14:26:59 MDT 2017

> I need to get a gearbox cross shaft bush  part no. 137651. It's for a Stag
> but seems to cross reference to other Triumphs.  Some vendors offer wider
> one.

I got mine from TRF.  The wide bronze one is P/N 36998.  I also added grease
zerks and a hole through the bushing, so they can be lubed occasionally.
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TR3driver/media/Stag/DSCF0054.jpg.html

> The
> Carrier/Sleeve - Release Bearing for the Stag is unique any
> recommendations here

I just reused the old carrier sleeve.  As you probably know, the bearing is
the same as TR4A-6, TRF has original RHP brand (which has served me well).
RHP did have a batch (or two) of bad bearings some decades back, but it's my
belief that they solved that problem long ago.  And the various attempts to
substitute other bearing designs not made for the purpose generally cause
other problems to surface.

I don't have enough miles on the Stag to say for sure, but the RHP bearing
in my TR3 (with a TR6 clutch) has well over 150,000 miles on it and is still
working fine.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild