[TR] Chassis Paint

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Mar 4 13:21:33 MST 2017

Hi, Dave.  Yes, coating the inside with oil was after the POR-15.  I didn't spray paint over the POR-15, though people  concerned about fading of that product over time might choose to, as long as within the manufacturer's directions:  that is, within a certain number of hours.  Prep for POR 15, I seem to remember, includes brushing off loose rust, then washing, then prepping the metal with Phosphoric Acid from a spray bottle, then rinsing well.  The acid terminates most rust.  This is the process I followed with most rusty parts during the rebuild.  All seems to be showing nicely after about 15 years now.

As for flipping, I think I put it on wood boards and turned it like a mattress.

Cold today in Maine and New Hampshire, but into the 50's and 60's mid week!

Best,

Terry