[TR] Suggestions? TR3A Cockpit Trim Install

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Wed Mar 1 02:29:01 MST 2017

Getting material to adopt strange shapes without puckering or creasing and to leave an overall satisfactory appearance can be daunting to anyone not used to handling it. I had the same problem myself some years ago and called on the advice of a person who recovers domestic chairs for a living – especially large leather armchairs. His advice and practical suggestions were incredibly helpful. Maybe there’s a tradesperson in your neighbourhood who might call around one evening after work and would be willing to share a 6-pack – without actually doing the work for you and thus incurring a cost?

Good luck

Jonmac