[TR] TR3A Tranny Question Part 2

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:20:46 MDT 2017

Ok, I think I found out why the OD was not working on my 61 TR3A.  I am new
to this model and this car, but very familiar with all the TR models after.
My 4 and 6 had inhibitor switch on the gearbox top cover for the OD and
reverse.  I am noticing on this tranny that there are no inhibitor switches
at all.  The only electric line runs from the solenoid to the OD relay.  I
have two bolts on the top cover where the switch would be.  Aren't these TR3
trannies with OD supposed to have the inhibitor switch also?
Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 TR3A (TS65657L)