[TR] Comments please

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Thu Jun 29 06:04:47 MDT 2017

Profuse apologies to everyone for not making a Triumph enquiry but I'm
looking for advice and comment.

In the UK, I have a caravan that I believe is known as a trailer home across
the pond? Mine tips the scales at 1500kgs fully laden and I've found a car
that will pull it safely and legally. In Europe, you can't have a trailer on
a towball that is more than 85% of the towing vehicle kerbweight.

The car I have found is a 2 litre turbo diesel 4 door saloon called a
Chevrolet Epica. It's actually a Daewoo made in Korea and while it is by no
means in the realms of an Audi, BMW or Ford in terms of performance, ride,
roadholding - it's more than satisfactory for my needs as the days are long
past when I cornered on the door handle and wanted massive power under my
right foot. After a test drive, the Epica ticks the boxes. It's cheap, ultra
low mileage and is in much the same class and size as the Kia
Magentis/Optima and Hyundai Sonata. Does any lister own an Epica or know
someone who's had one and if so, I'd really appreciate feedback on
reliability, comfort and economy. Press reviews for this car - and others
mentioned above - are broadly that they're nothing to write home about and
are boring boring boring and because of that, they're all right up my street
as I've had Kia's and Hyundais previously and they just go on for ever. At
least, they have for me.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Jonmac

---