[TR] TR3A --- Lever shocks and steering box

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 17:09:21 MDT 2017

Hi, Dave.  I use Harley Davidson fork oil with no problems.  Well...other than that the oil will dissipate (leak?) over time.  You can top off with the shocks in the car by removing the top plug and using a clean mustard/ketchup plastic container with pointy top connected to a very small plastic hose.  No reason not to do it, as long as  you keep the plug clean and are pristine in introducing the new oil.

In terms of the steering box, there are no brass components I'm aware of, so quality gear oil has always worked fine for me.  As above, oil seems to (dissipate), so topping off is good idea.  In fact, I'd better go check myself right now!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New HNampshire