[TR] Brake Fluid

John Finlayson john_finlayson at telus.net
Sun Jun 25 18:59:03 MDT 2017

Could you please give me your views on the use of Castrol Synthetic DOT 4 brake fluid in a '62 TR4. Is it the appropriate DOT 4 fluid to use now...or is there something better? I had previously been using Lockheed DOT 4  in my TR4 as it had been readily available at a local shop until recently. Back in the day I used Castrol Girling in the '59 TR3A and '67 TR4A I had at that time. Also, if anyone has any information on any requirements or issues in converting to DOT 5 silicone I would appreciate them.

Thanks
John Finlayson