[TR] Sta Lube GL-4

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 20 15:17:40 MDT 2017

> But, I'm guessing, either one is acceptable for our applications, whether
> for tranny/OD or differentials.

I would not recommend either MTL or MT-90 for differential use.  It has
friction modifiers in it, to improve synchromesh action (which relies on
friction between the synchro rings and gears).  But who needs extra friction
in a differential?  In a diff, you want the slickest stuff you can find.

Sure, it "can" be used without ill effect.  But why pay extra for friction
modifiers you don't need (unless you're running a clutch type limited slip
of course).

Valvoline Synpower synthetic gear lube works great in Triumph diffs, is
readily available at FLAPS, and usually half the price of Redline.

-- Randall