[TR] TR4A springs

john-marie at sbcglobal.net john-marie at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 9 20:19:03 MDT 2017

Many thanks to all who responded to my first post.  I purposely avoided boring folks with how this started.  The car wasn't driving when I bought it, so went right into restoration.  Used old springs with packing piece (spacer) that was there.  Started driving about 1 yr ago and always thought ride was very harsh.  Then noticed front was 2" higher than rear.  Reasoned that some of the harsh ride and high front might be due to the packing piece.  Removed packing.  Ride seemed improved, but now front Is 2" lower than rear.!!  Concluded that springs are shot and should be replaced.  No measuring or testing of springs has been done.  The car has been restored almost entirely to stock.  Poly bushing were used on the suspension.  I don't want to lower the car. I want ride and handling that's typical of a good TR4A.  The sway bar sounds like a good addition.  I also plan to replace rear shocks as they are leaking.  Thanks again.
John
Sent from my iPad