[TR] TR4A springs

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 8 22:30:45 MDT 2017

I ran with both front and rear bars from ADDCO on my 59 TR3A for many years.
On the street, I felt that the rear bar did help a little bit.  Not as much
as the front bar, but some.  I had also taken some steps to get more effect
from the front and less from the rear, like using hard nylon bushings up
front and leaving the rubber bushings a bit loose in the rear.  Some changes
in tire pressure helped too (sorry, don't recall where I was on tire
pressure but that will depend on what tires & wheels you are running
anyway).  I was actually looking to get a stiffer bar up front (Richard
Goode said he could bend one for me) when the car got wrecked.

However, on the track, it was definitely better without the rear bar.

But a TR3A is somewhat different than a 4A (even one with a solid rear
axle), so YMMV.

-- Randall

  _____