[TR] Manual gearbox - changing oil type

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Jun 4 13:35:07 MDT 2017

I did just that with my TR3 w/OD, I just let it drain overnight and refilled with MT90 the next day.  Noticed the smoother shifting immediately.
Bill
TS30800L

Sent from my Altair 8800

On Jun 4, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate at gmail.com> wrote:

So, as a corollary to the gearbox oil discussion, suppose a Triumph
owner - let's call him "X" - decided to switch from 30 weight
non-detergent oil to Redline MT-90 in his 1975 TR6 with J-type
overdrive.  How much of the old oil needs to be flushed out, and how
would Mr. X go about making the swap painlessly?

Jeff X
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html