[TR] manual gearbox oil Hypoid 75W

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Sun Jun 4 10:49:30 MDT 2017

Couldn't agree more. That was the oil spec in the days when the Stag and all
other Standard-Triumph models were in production and that was the factory
recommended lube. Over all the years I had my own classic cars I never
deviated from factory oil specs - because all of them, unlike many modern
oils were made to meet the engineering tolerances of the day whereas with
more modern lubes (as they affect the UK and Europe) many are completely
unsuitable, a costly waste of money and of questionable benefit. Just
because an oil is *modern* does not mean it's better than its forebear. It's
horses for courses IMHO

Jonmac