[TR] manual gearbox oil Hypoid 75W

hdrider570 at att.net hdrider570 at att.net
Thu Jun 1 14:52:59 MDT 2017

I use Redline MTL in my Stag OD transmission with good results. I also
am running it in the D Type OD's in the Herald and the Sports Six with
good results all around.  I have been running it in the Herald for about
10 years now by the way.

I also use it in the TR7's 5 speed trans with fantastic results. Before
using it I thought for sure I would need to rebuild two of the TR7's
trans as there was no way to shift to 2nd gear without grinding hot or
cold.  Once the Redline MTL was installed only a tiny bit of grind when
stone cold for about the first three or four shifts.  Good after that.
In the wife's red TR7 we put 60,000 more miles on the transmission with
not problems.  We sold the car a couple of years ago now but it was till
working fine when we sold it.

I have a green TR7 that I have put about 25,000 miles on since changing
to MTL.  I have done with a small amount of auto-crossing and lots of
spirited shifting with no noticeable change.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA