[TR] Yeah, I know, the Overdrive...Again....

Tom Walling pdqtr6 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 23 16:55:04 MDT 2017

Relays are a switch. They use low power to operate an electromagnet which closes the contacts for a higher powered circuit, thus saving the smaller switch you used to energize the relay. Here's the Wikipedia explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay

Cars built back when your TR3 was don't have diodes anywhere in them. Heck, even the radios were tube-type not the new-fangled transistor kind.