[TR] Overdrive

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 17:48:29 MDT 2017

Type A Overdrive woes continued this past couple of weeks.  Being a stubborn SOB, I steadfastly refused to read instructions in my TR3 repair manual, mainly because I'd rather be a stubborn SOB than someone who simply didn't think to do it....

Turns out there is a process for adjusting the actuating lever.  Who'd a thunk?

Testing it tomorrow on the way to work, where I've been driving the past two weeks without OD and not particularly minding it.  But OD does keep up with traffic significantly better.

Fingers crossed, tho testing the OD seemed to work after proper adjustment.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire  ...And yes, my car cost me $500 and I could have it as long as I could get it mobile enough to tow out of a shed downhill on a muddy lawn.  Wouldn't have done it, likely, at $5,000.