[TR] Ron Hackenberger collection

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Sat Jul 15 08:02:24 MDT 2017

Yesterday I drove to Norwalk, Ohio (near Cleveland) to look at a small-mouth
TR3 in the Ron Hackenberger collection.  This is a guy who is selling a
massive collection of cars, bikes, trucks, buses - you name it, he has it.

The car was pretty rough and will require a lot of sheetmetal (floors,
sills, doglegs and probably fenders and maybe front and rear aprons) but it
is complete and comes with an overdrive.

I am now glued to the computer screen as they march through the vehicles
towards the TR3.  It currently has an on-line bid of $3300, and I am
fascinated to see what it will go for.

The days of picking up a TR3 for $500 (the price of my first car 15 years
ago) are long gone.  Which is a good  thing, right?

Who knows - maybe this car is destined for someone on this list - good luck
!

Andrew Uprichard