[TR] Any recommendations on a good tap and die set

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:05:40 MST 2017

I have a set of Craftsman taps and dies my father purchased in 1971;
they are doing just fine.

I also have two sets of un-named thread chasing/cleaning taps and
dies. I purchased them at a swap meet 30 years ago, so they are HF
quality. They still do the job.

If you will be using a tool frequently, then the higher cost of a
pro-grade tool is worth the investment. If they will only get
occasional use, then almost anything will do.

--
Hoyt