[TR] TR3 Dash

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 11:33:58 MST 2017

I would advise against a wooden dash. Almost without exception, the
wooden TR3 dashes I have seen look cheap and amateurish, because they
are.There is a lot of skill needed to create wooden dashes to rival
those of Jaguar, Bentley or Rolls-Royce.

If you are skilled enough to use expensive, fancy and beautiful
veneers, then maybe you have a shot. But most people find the
""nicest" looking piece of plywood at Home Depot, throw some
polyurethane on it and Bob's your uncle. And it looks like crap. If
you want to go upscale, used a piece of leather over the metal dash --
even exotic leather, but you will need to learn some techniques to do
it properly, or have an upholstery shop do it for you.

If the metal dash needs metalwork done, at least do it in a good
manner since larger flaws will show through the covering. You can also
have it repaired professionally if that is beyond your skills and it
should not be that expensive.

--
Hoyt