[TR] TR4A solid axle

alan salvatore alansalvy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:16:54 MST 2017

It looks like the rear hub was rebuilt, as everything looks new, they just
put
the backing plates on the wrong sides.
I took out the 12 bolts and 6 tab washers. But the hub doesn't want to
budge.
There is no description of this process in the manual.  I am sure I am
missing something here.
On an IRS rear end I can slide the hub out of the trailing arm and unbolt
the back plate from the trailing arm.
This solid axel is unfamiliar territory.
I'll have to check the back plate today.