[TR] FW: What the HEAD is it?

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Tue Feb 21 02:47:30 MST 2017

I know that somewhere in the dim and distant past that I saw a very helpful
guide to the 4 cyl Standard Triumph cylinder heads that was similar to the
one published by Chris Witor for the six cylinder range that's also on the
web. ISTR it included Vanguard, Sportsman, Ensign and the Fergie tractor.
The guiding number you need to determine deck height, cr's and valve
diameters is the number cast on the head between the rocker pedestals. It's
out there somewhere, guys - but where? Maybe the TR Register can help?

Jonmac