[TR] HVDA 5-speed in TR6--speedo gear--no luck

Tim Gaines mtgaines at presby.edu
Thu Feb 16 15:02:42 MST 2017

I posted a list of options for dealing with a speedometer that needed recalibration after the HVDA Toyota replacement in TRs.  I was most interested in the 7th option--finding a speedo driven gear with fewer teeth (28 in my case) than the original (31) that would fit the W58 Toyota tranny.  I found one for a W59 that I thought would fit.  It arrived yesterday, but it was too short.  It is already back in the mail.

I don't think that option is a viable one any longer.  I'll just stick to doing a mental adjustment for the time being.  After I get some reliable measures of the discrepancy with a GPS I will probably do the calculations necessary to order a ratio adapter to bring the speedometer back to accuracy (my option 5).

Tim Gaines
Clinton, SC
1974 TR6
1980 Spitfire