[TR] Off-topic (but British) question

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Sun Feb 12 20:19:09 MST 2017

Sorry to be off-topic, but I'm not getting lucky with searching and thought
the LBC list might have a lead.
I've been trying to locate a comedy sketch I saw as a teenager in the
seventies.
It was I think in the series The Goodies.  They were running a horribly
corrupt animal hospital/kennel. People were leaving their favourite pet for
safe-keeping while they went on vacation. The pets never seemed to survive
the experience. I seem to remember a shot where the operators of the
hospital stand outside waving as the content pet owners drive away. Seconds
later they sling their new charge up against the back wall of the loading
dock, pull out a sten gun and make short work of poor pussy or Rex.

The Goodies were never my favourite series, but they did occasionally have
some good laughs. Not that I am advocating machine-gunning pets, but just
trying to remember all these years later. I have a niece studying to be a
veterinarian and thought it would be good to tease her with.

Does anybody have a lead on what this might be, if not The Goodies?

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6