[TR] HVDA 5-speed in TR6--speedo gear

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
Mon Feb 6 06:14:05 MST 2017

Here's a link from my site
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Files/SpeedoRepair.pdf) to the Tony Rhodes
article on how to repair your speedometer if you're so inclined.

I had mine rebuilt by West Valley and find his work excellent, reasonably
priced and delivered when promised. There's 3 parts to his work: calibrating
the speedo, ratio change so the odometer is also accurate and rebuilding the
cable. The cable is critical, as an out of spec tip can ruin a newly rebuilt
speedo. You can find the spec info on my site
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SpeedometerCalibration.htm). I had him do
all three things in 2008 and the cost was $215. If you don't care about the
odometer accuracy, you can save a few bucks.

Or you could do what I ended up doing a couple of years ago.... I had West
Valley convert my Smith speedo to GPS.... with a GPS speedo you never have
to worry about diff/tranny gearing or tire/wheel size. And it's deadly
accurate.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/PanelBootSales1.htm