[TR] anti rattle plunger and spring in gear lever for TR6 / Stag

Stan Foster stan at redtr6.com
Sun Feb 5 07:04:18 MST 2017

Sujit, the spring is larger diameter and much stronger than a typical ball point pen spring. The best way to fit the gear stick is to compress the plunger and spring and retain the plunger in the hole in the gear stick using a wire tie (trim off the excess after tightening). Insert the bottom of the gear stick into the gate and then smack the top of the gear stick to fully locate it. The wire tie will be dislodged and you can then remove it.

Stan