[TR] HVDA 5-speed in TR6--speedo gear

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Thu Feb 2 15:23:21 MST 2017

Your odometer would be off as it's all run by the same gear in the speedometer.

I understand you don't want to get behind the dash and take out the gauge. For my TR3 I was having Palo Alto Speedometer rebuild mine along with the tach.   I'm running Panasport wheels with 205/60 15, which is smaller than stock, so I had them calibrate my speedometer.  Per their instructions I marked out x number of feet, I think it was 90 feet and a few inches, down in the street.  I then attached a paper clip to the end of the speedometer cable and pushed the car the distance and counted the number of revolutions.  I did it 3-4 times.  They took that number and put in the proper gear in the speedometer and now it matches my GPS when I'm zooming down the freeway.

Good luck,
Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE