[TR] HVDA 5-speed in TR6--speedo gear

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:26:20 MST 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Tim Gaines <mtgaines at presby.edu> wrote:

> ...my Smith speedometer reads slower by about 5-7 mph than a gps tells
> me...

How accurate is your odometer?  That (IMO) is the indicator of what
recalibration (if any) is needed.  There are several things that can cause
the speedo to read high or low and fairly simple ways to correct some of
them.

I'm not saying you do not need recalibration - just mentioning there are
several aspects to instrument accuracy.

As for which end to work with  - I would much prefer getting behind the
dash and unhooking the speedo to getting into the gearbox.

Geo