[TR] Herman van den Akker

Tim Gaines mtgaines at presby.edu
Tue Dec 19 07:50:00 MST 2017

It's warm enough in SC today for me to drive my TR6 to town, top down, for my weekly lunch with an old friend.  My smooth shifting Toyota tranny gives me a great feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction, and I love the shift knob that shows off that 5-speed configuration.  I couldn't have done it without Herman's HVDA conversion kit and his patient and clear personal instruction by phone and email.  I will wear my HVDA tee-shirt that came with the kit in his honor today.  I'm sure that many of us Triumph enthusiasts are thinking kind thoughts about Herman and his contributions to our pursuit of keeping these great old cars zipping up the road.  I too wish I could have met Herman in person, but I feel that he was a friend nevertheless.

Tim Gaines
Clinton, SC
1974 TR6 with HVDA 5-speed
1980 Spitfire