[TR] fuel pump pipe fitting question

dave willner davewillner at pa.net
Sun Dec 3 12:56:49 MST 2017

Hi,

Just replaced my 3’s pump after many rebuilds...also want to replace the short length of pipe and hose and also the brass nut that threads into the pump since its been on and off a lot. I have several fittings and compression sleeves around, and I just picked up a foot of 5/16” pipe that has the 1/2” brass nut fitting with a flared end. Question, can I shove the flared end into the pump, or do I need cut that and use the compression fitting and nut? I’m assuming the flared end will flatten similar to the compression sleeve and seal ok, or not?  Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA
59 TR3A BRG
70 MGB BRG