[TR] Hubs and grease

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 13:21:00 MDT 2017

I was taught to add extra grease in the hubs.  Not packed full, but maybe 25% or a bit more.  The idea is that after you load up the hub then the grease gets spread out by centrifugal force and tends to keep the bearings full

Hot grease gets fairly runny and if you only have packed bearings then it can exit the bearings over time.  The reservoir of grease keeps the bearings full, or so I believe.

And that's my story and I am sticking to it!

-Tony