[TR] Fuel Line

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 12 06:18:18 MDT 2017

I haven't done the '3 yet (which seems a testament to original steel lines);
but when I do, I'll use coated steel as original.

Oddly enough, I don't recall any place where the fuel line on a TR3 has to
be flared.  My car seems to all be compression fittings?  And I've acquired
a variety of bending tools over the years, all of which seem to work well
enough.  This (and a smaller one like it) is what I used to do the fuel and
oil lines on my 48 John Deere tractor last year:
https://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-bender-3755.html
Takes a certain amount of practice (helps if you have 3 hands) but came out
well enough.

FWIW, I found those pre-terminated brake lines from FLAPS to be very hard
and almost impossible to put a decent flare on.  Although it's a nuisance to
straighten, coiled steel brake line seems a lot easier to work with.  (Of
course now I use Cunifer for brake lines, which almost bends itself.)  This
is what I used for the tractor fuel line
https://www.mcmaster.com/#5176K24

-- Randall