[TR] OD Problems

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 11 13:25:51 MDT 2017

You could check that the solenoid is free to move (not jammed somehow).  But
based on that description, I'd say the pull-in contacts aren't working for
some reason; which probably says to replace it.

The current crop of reproduction solenoids are cheaper, but don't seem as
well made as the old ones.

Good luck changing the solenoid without pulling the cover.  I've never been
able to do it; but maybe you can.  I really hate cutting up old sheet metal,
or I'd probably have a window there myself.

-- Randall