[TR] where to mount a fuel pump on a TR3?

Philip Ethier pethier7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:44:54 MDT 2017

I do not recommend mounting a Facet pump in the stock location on a Stag.

Facet pumps are meant to be mounted as low as possible.  I had problems
with the Stag losing prime, especially at altitude in Colorado.  I
relocated the Facet pump to a spot between the spare tire and fuel tank.
In the middle of the car, as far forward as possible, there is a space at
the very bottom of the car where the spare tire can not reach the fuel
pump.  Absolutely no trouble losing prime since the pump relocation.

--
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch