[TR] where to mount a fuel pump on a TR3?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 4 05:10:12 MDT 2017

>      I currently have a Facet pump and it periodically makes
> loud knocking sounds like a woodpecker on a steel pole.

FWIW, one of my Stags is wearing a Facet pump in place of the original SU
electric pump.  Since I knew the Facet tends to be noisy when bolted to
sheet metal, I made a small sub-bracket for mounting it to the original
isolation mounts, with the pump mounted to rubber grommets in the
sub-bracket.  Somewhat similar to the way the wiper motor mounts on a TR3,
but I used ordinary electrical grommets that I had on-hand.

The result can just barely be heard from the driver's seat with the engine
off, not at all with the engine running.

-- Randall