[TR] Any LBC garages in Denver area?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 21 12:45:29 MDT 2017

I'm still not convinced that owning a Triumph makes economic sense,
regardless of who does the work.  It's a hobby, which by definition makes it
a money sink.  It's up to each of us to decide which route gives us the most
pleasure, and work from there.

What bothers me is how many times a "reputable" shop has screwed up repairs
on my other cars.  For example, the wife took her Honda in to the local
Honda dealer for the air bag recall; and they broke the windshield!  They
fixed it nicely of course, at no charge, but still ...

My old Buick wagon seems to almost always come back from the shop with a new
problem, no matter which shop I take it to.  Last time they left a bolt
loose which eventually let the alternator belt tensioner break.  Again they
fixed it no charge, but I was the one that had to deal with the car being
disabled on my way to meet friends for lunch and so on.  (Actually, I drove
it anyway, without benefit of alternator or power steering.)

Granted, I might well have made those mistakes myself; but somehow it's much
more aggravating when I've paid someone else to "do it right" than when I
can only blame myself <G>

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild