[TR] TR3 front suspension

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Sun Apr 16 07:17:42 MDT 2017

For years I’ve used a threaded rod, some large washers a few nuts of the right size and a 4” piece of 2 x 4 with a hole in it. Take the shock out, fish the rod up and through the hole at the top, large washer and double nut on top to lock the rod from rotating. Place the 2x4 with the hole in it over the threaded rod and up against the spring pan. a large washer and a nut. Tighten the bottom nut on the threaded rod, remove the spring pan nuts and or bolts and then slowly loosen the threaded rod bottom nut until the spring pan drops and the pressure is taken off the spring. Remove the threaded rod and everything comes apart. Safe because the spring is retained by the center treaded rod. This has worked for me on several suspension repairs. Simple and inexpensive.
JVV