[TR] TR3 Head Question

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 08:52:48 MDT 2017

> A TR3 head would bolt on, but that is shipwrights disease in the making.

I doubt that it would. You'll have the head out anyway in either case.
What it sounds more like is the concept of "sunk costs"

I'm sure the original head could be repaired by throwing enough money
at it. It would likely be cheaper to install hardened valve seats in
the TR3 head that to repair the original which is all that matters.

And the lesson in all of this is the folly of foregoing a check for
cracks in any older head pulled for refurbishment. Any machine shop on
its A game should have suggested this simple test.

--
Hoyt