[TR] Triplex windshield problems

Barry Schwartz v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Mon Apr 3 09:07:01 MDT 2017

Anybody have any problems with their replacement Triplex Spitfire MK
windshield de-laminating?  Apparently, the roadster factory no longer
carries the MK4-1500 Triplex windshields because of problems with them, and
they appear to be almost non existent now (at least in the states). I see
that earlier M1, 2, 3 windshields are still available, (probably due to the
fact that they are also used on the TR4, 6 as well)  albeit expensive.  Due
to something stupid I did, I need to replace the windshield on my MK4, the
original was a Triplex XXX, and was wanting to replace it with another one.
The window installer cracked it trying to install it and I thought I could
get another XXX but it appears that I'll have to settle for a generic
replacement. May be a moot point since it has to be completed by this
weekend anyway.