[TR] brake light switch TR3

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 09:25:31 MDT 2017

I still have the hydraulic switch on my TR3 and the one Ii am using has
lasted quite awhile now (possibly 10 years) despite using DOT5 and having 5
filaments illuminated.

It probably helps that I added a relay to the circuit so the current the
switch deals with is trivial.

For me the compelling advantage of the mechanical switch (which I have on
my other cars) is that it can be set with a hair trigger -- lights
illuminate at the slightest touch.  In fact I once had it set so close that
the brake lights would flash with every bump in the road -- that might have
been a good thing in some ways.

Geo