[TR] brake light switch TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 17:57:36 MDT 2017

> some time ago i came across a brake light switch for the TR3. and i kept
> the information and stored it in a safe place.
> well its pretty safe.
>
> any one remember who was selling them?

I've got a note saved from a few years back (posted by a different Frank)
that Harley Davidson used a switch that would work (tho it has spade
terminals) and supposedly compatible with DOT 5.  P/N 72016-06A "Readily
available at your local HD dealer".

I also found one in a paper catalog at FLAPS a long time ago that they were
able to order for me.  Original application was a late 50s or early 60s Ford
pickup truck IIRC.  ISTR it used some kind of Ford-specific connector, but
they also had the mating connectors and it was easy enough to patch in.
Didn't last very long for me, though, perhaps because of the DOT 5.

The mechanical switches have been working out much better for me, and as a
bonus the lights come on a tiny bit sooner as well.
https://goo.gl/Lq1Dq6

== Randall