[TR] Stuck distributor

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Fri Sep 30 07:44:38 MDT 2016

 A friend asked me to look at his car today, poor running after he replaced
the module in his Mallory distributor. While I know nothing about electronic
ignition, I understand Lucas, a quick look with a strobe showed it running
about 25 degrees ATDC at 1000rpm.  I suspect a small difference in the
placement of the sensor in the module.

Thinking this is a simple fix the loosen the hold-down plate and reset the
dizzy, I could not budge it.  I didn't want to use any tool to force it as I
am worried about the aluminium body.

Any tips on how to safely get an aluminium dizzy out of a cast iron block?
Soaking with Liquid Wrench has not helped yet, maybe tomorrow.

All comments appreciated,
Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my Altair 8800