[TR] TR4A - Windshield Wiper Slipping

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 2 15:00:47 MDT 2016

> I tried placing various things (teflon tape, rubber glove finger tips,
> etc.) between the arm and mount

Just a thought, are you certain the arm is slipping on the shaft, and not
the gear slipping on the flexible rack?  Might be worth pulling out the rack
to look for damage in that area; or maybe just make a witness mark on the
end of the shaft so you can see if it moved.

I'm not sure how similar a TR4A is, but on a TR3A, I've seen the little knob
that the arm mounts to come loose on the shaft.  Drilling it for a spring
pin solved that problem.

Aluminum (or aluminium if you prefer) cans make a great source of shims.
Cut to size with scissors (tho it's probably best not to let the wife catch
you using her sewing scissors).

-- Randall