[TR] Thinking about deleting my battery on my TR4.

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Thu Sep 1 18:19:47 MDT 2016

here is what a friend of mine who is an electrical engineer said:

It appears that the voltage for one of the boards is 2.7 volts.  You would need 5 of them hooked in series which would give you a little over 13 volts.  With capacitors the voltage goes down as they discharge.  With that much capacitance they will not go down very fast.  The 5 boards are almost the same cost as a battery.  But, batteries die after about 4 years.  The capacitors should last more than 10 years.

The banks need to be hooked up with copper that will carry enough current and you do not want to allow them to be shorted out.