[TR] welding aluminum

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 31 20:06:49 MDT 2016

> Some of the brackets on my aluminum grill for my Stag have broken off.  I
> see welding rods for sale which I can use with a small torch.
> Has anyone on the list tired welding with such types of rods?

I have, it was a total failure.  Sorry, don't recall the brand or even if
there was a brand; got it from a stall at the LA County Fair many years ago.

Given how much replacement grill panels cost, my approach would be to find a
professional who is familiar with welding aluminum (and has a TIG welder
available) instead of trying to use that hokey aluminum solder.

-- Randall