[TR] Sandblast or not

Reihing, Randall S. Randall.Reihing at utoledo.edu
Fri Oct 28 06:59:56 MDT 2016

We once rented and used a commercial duty heated pressure washer to clean a semi truck, tractor chassis and the big diesel engine.  It removed everything but the paint, although it did blast off loose paint flakes. That hot, water-soluble degreaser, under pressure, really did the job. Then we hosed it down with fresh water to remove any degreaser residue, blew out the excess water with compressed air and let it sit until it was dry. Brushes and scrapers helped too where the grime was really thick.

RandallS in Ohio