[TR] Tr6 rims on a tr3a

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Oct 23 05:39:49 MDT 2016

FWIW TireRack has 165/80

http://tinyurl.com/mn5ka4c

Bit pricey, but they also list 185/70 that should fit and work fine, in a
"high performance summer" tire.  Effective diameter should be very close to
original.

http://tinyurl.com/h8r8s9q

If that's too high, they have lots of lower performance tires in 195/65 that
will most likely fit OK unless your body is significantly tweaked. (The
car's body I mean.)

http://tinyurl.com/zx8hn7z

195/60 should be fine too, but a bit more speedo error.  (About 5%, which is
only 3 mph @ 60 mph.)

FWIW I've dealt with TireRack many times, and always been happy with them.
You do have to watch out for S&H charges plus mounting and balancing.  The
charges are not unreasonable, they just make the overall price higher than
what you see on the web.

Best IMO to have the tires shipped directly to a local installer.

PS, I assume this is obvious, but JIC: Don't forget that these tires aren't
going to fit in the spare tire well!  I finally bought a "compact spare"
tire from a junkyard that fits with room to spare (on a TR3 rim); but if I
do have a flat, it has to ride home behind the seats.

-- Randall